Before January ends, and before we all begin to anticipate (with great excitement!) the move away from the winter months, I wanted to take the chance to look back at December and our Holiday Giving Campaign, our 10 Days of Giving.
A big part of the Holiday Campaign is for us at Jolkona to come together and work as a team (as the vast majority of us are volunteers with 9-5 jobs elsewhere, this isn’t always easy!) It’s also great opportunity for us to – quite literally – put our money where our mouths are, and to practice what we preach. Whilst it also means getting comfy with someone putting a camcorder in your face for your campaign video!
But at the heart of the Campaign is how the holiday season is not only about giving gifts to friends and family but about giving the gift of impact. And in the same way, one of the best things about the holiday season is seeing what gifts people get, so is it with the Holiday Campaign. So without further ado, here is the impact raised:
- 8 children saved from diarrhea in India
- 23 families provided with emergency medical kits in Palestine
- 5 children’s annual school fees paid for in rural Benin
- 3 safe birth kits for mothers in Palestine
- 45 complete outfits for orphaned children in Kenya
- 6 students’ monthly fees paid for at the School of Life program in America
- 1 hygienic toilet built in rural India
- 6 months of computer training for 9 students in rural Guatemala
As ever, thanks to everyone who gave back, who gave the gift of impact!
Start your own campaign!
Starting your own campaign is immensely simple:
Click on this link
Select a project
Give it a name
Set your campaign target
Tell your friends and family!